Pages

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Liebster Award!

I am absolutely gobsmacked to have been awarded the Liebster Award. My wonderful follower, Sarah, has awarded me with this honor. Have you met Sarah yet? You should go check out her blog here. I have enjoyed following her progress as she works toward a City and Guilds Level 3 Certificate in Patchwork and Quilting.

 Have you heard of the Liebster Award?

About the Liebster Blog Award
The origins of the Liebster Blog award are somewhat unclear but the general consensus is that it originated in Germany, Liebster meaning favourite or dearest, to showcase bloggers with fewer than 200 followers. Upon accepting the award the recipient must then pass it on to five more blogs of note. A way of introducing other bloggers to the blogs you enjoy.

The Liebster Convention says that:-
1. Thank your award presenter on your blog and link back to him/her;
2. Copy and paste the award to your blog;
3. Present the Liebster Award to 5 blogs (with less than 200 followers) that you love;
4. Leave a comment on their blog to let them know;
5. Have faith that those award winners will spread the blog love.
Isn't that a terrific idea? Whoever thought this up should be knighted or something. Now I have some thinking to do. I need to revisit my favorite small blogs and choose only 5 to pass the award to. This will take some thinking. On my next post, I will announce the 5 winners.

Thanks again, Sarah!

3 comments:

Cherie said...

Congratulations on receiving the award =D

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Congratulations, Karen!! I was lucky enough to receive the award myself just recently courtesy of BillieBee. (Thanks again, BillieBee! ;)) For me - choosing ONLY five blogs to pass the award along to was difficult - ;))

Heather said...

Thank you Karen for the Liebster Award!! I appreciate it!!
Heather :) (APassionateQuilter)